What can I learn from tracking my stress?

Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Emergency Medicine
There are so many of us that are running through life on a constant basis these days. Tracking your stress makes you more aware of it, so you can work on reducing it. Also, it can help you identify what's causing you stress -- which helps you potentially do something about those factors.
Keith Roach, MD
When you track your stress, you can see over time what days, or even what times of day, you experience the most stress. Maybe you'll see a pattern, or maybe you'll remember the isolated incidents that caused the stress, but either way you can learn what is stressing you out so that you can address it. That's important, because when we think about our stress after the fact, we sometimes misjudge the actual trigger or triggers. As you track your stress, you might be surprised to learn, for example, that your least active days correlate correlate with your stressful ones.

Continue Learning about Health Trackers

Use Your Smartphone to Boost Weight Loss
Maintaining a healthy weight is vital to our overall mental and physical health. Not only can it boost your self-confidence and help you feel more ene...
Which apps can help me manage my pregnancy?
WLSA (Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance)WLSA (Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance)
Pregnancy has gone high-tech with the inclusion of apps and wireless devices designed especially for...
How can a wearable tracker improve my sleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Wearable trackers can improve sleep in a few ways, by creating more awareness about your sleep habit...
Get Tracking with Sharecare
Get Tracking with SharecareGet Tracking with SharecareGet Tracking with SharecareGet Tracking with Sharecare
Learn how to use our free, online health trackers in three easy steps.