What apps can help me once my baby is born?

There are a few apps that can help new moms cope with the demands of a new baby:

• Baby Bundle does just about everything except change the diapers and burp the baby. It has a nursing timer, a growth guide, a vaccination calendar, appointment reminders and can track everything from how much baby is sleeping to how much baby weighs. You can input all the important milestones for the first year, creating a digital baby book. It also includes a pediatrician-created health and care guide for those times when you aren’t sure what to do or if you should panic or not. And the best part about Baby Bundle? It literally can handle a bundle of babies. It’s one of the few apps available that lets you track more than one child at a time.
  • The Postpartum Depression app may be one-of-a-kind. It informs the new mom of the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression (PPD), then gives tips and simple-to-understand cures for helping to deal with it. While we may not like to think of the dangers of PPD in the light and loveliness of pregnancy and new motherhood, it is a very real condition and having an app to help you recognize it and help you through it is invaluable. This one should be downloaded and studied in those days before delivery so that every new mom and dad can be well-informed and well-prepared should PPD strike.
  • Sproutling (sproutling.com) might be your baby’s first piece of wearable tech. Developed by former Apple and Google employees, Sproutling delivers information to your iPhone about your baby’s heart rate and sleeping patterns. The wearable device is a simple strap that rests comfortably on baby’s ankle.

Continue Learning about Health Trackers

6 Clever Ways Your Smartphone Can Make You Healthy
Anyone can download a fitness or health app onto his or her smartphone -- it's how you use it that matters. Here are six ways to get the most from you...
What are some mobile apps that can help me stay healthy?
Talal Khan, MDTalal Khan, MD
Downloading a mobile app can help you stay healthy and keep you on track with your workouts. You don...
How can a wearable activity tracker help me develop better habits?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Wearing an activity-tracking device holds you accountable for your daily activities and, depending o...
Get Tracking with Sharecare
Get Tracking with SharecareGet Tracking with SharecareGet Tracking with SharecareGet Tracking with Sharecare
Learn how to use our free, online health trackers in three easy steps.