How can a wearable activity tracker help me lose weight?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume. Wearing an activity tracker will help increase your awareness of those numbers by showing you how many calories you burn during the day: during workouts, just walking around and even at rest. Many trackers also provide a food log to help you track what you eat, which is a proven tool for weight loss.

Continue Learning about Health Trackers

Use Your Smartphone to Boost Weight Loss
Maintaining a healthy weight is vital to our overall mental and physical health. Not only can it boost your self-confidence and help you feel more ene...
4 Ways to Get Healthy with Your Smartphone
Anyone can download a fitness or health app onto his or her smartphone--it's how you use it that matters. Here are 5 ways to get the most from your hi...
Do Weight Management Apps Really Help?
Do Weight Management Apps Really Help?
When we say LeBron James and Steph Curry are super-great basketball players—the stats back us up! In Game 1 of the 2016 NBA playoffs, James became fir...
What can I learn from tracking my stress?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
There are so many of us that are running through life on a constant basis these days. Tracking your ...