Why is it difficult to diagnose headaches in children?

Dr. Dawn Marcus
Neurologist

Many children assume that having headaches is a normal part of life, especially when they have family members who also get them. For this reason, childhood headaches are sometimes not recognized until they begin to interfere with school. Childhood and adolescent headaches are important to recognize and treat, because recurring headaches in children and adolescents often become chronic in adults.

The Woman's Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

Migraines are a common, controllable type of headache that affects one in every six women, more than 20 million in the United States alone. The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit helps readers take charge of...

Continue Learning about Headache

What Causes Headaches After Sex and Exercise?
Q. What could be giving me throbbing headaches when I have sex? I've also experienced this during the last few reps of a total weight workout. The pai...
Do children grow out of migraine headaches?
Dr. Adel Olshansky, MDDr. Adel Olshansky, MD
Migraine headaches in children are not more serious than they are in adults, but they can be harder ...
8 Surprising Migraine Triggers
8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers
See if you recognize any of these unusual triggers.
Are There Certain Types of Exercise That Are Better Than Others for Migraine?