Why is it difficult to diagnose headaches in children?

Dr. Dawn Marcus
Neurologist

Many children assume that having headaches is a normal part of life, especially when they have family members who also get them. For this reason, childhood headaches are sometimes not recognized until they begin to interfere with school. Childhood and adolescent headaches are important to recognize and treat, because recurring headaches in children and adolescents often become chronic in adults.

The Woman's Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

Migraines are a common, controllable type of headache that affects one in every six women, more than 20 million in the United States alone. The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit helps readers take charge of...

Continue Learning about Headache

A Natural Way to Prevent Migraines
A Natural Way to Prevent Migraines
For a migraine sufferer, there’s nothing better than a medicine that will make the headache go away—nothing, that is, except never having the migraine...
Is there a cure for a headache?
The cure for a headache depends on what type of headache you are suffering from. If you are sufferin...
8 Surprising Migraine Triggers
8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers
See if you recognize any of these unusual triggers.
What Should I Tell My Physician About My Migraines?