What are some natural treatments for a tension headache?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)
Instead of popping a pill, try these natural cures to relieve your tension headaches. Their efficacy proves that you can find relief outside of a bottle.
  • Peppermint oil: Apply this oil to your hairline; it creates a cooling sensation that relaxes the muscles in your head and neck. You can find this oil in health stores for $6.
  • Ginger tea: You can buy fresh ginger at your local grocery store. Crush up an inch of ginger root and add it to boiling water. This homemade tea reduces inflammation in about the same amount of time as it would take an aspirin to work.

Continue Learning about Headache

Is a Migraine in the Forecast?
Is a Migraine in the Forecast?
High humidity provokes bad hair days, but what about headaches? If you're migraine-prone, you might want to check the weather report and keep pain me...
How common are tension headaches?
Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. The causes of tension headaches are ...
What Is an Aura?
What Is an Aura?
If I Have Consistent Migraines, Is There Any Fear of Something Worse Like a Brain Tumor?