What is a quick relaxation exercise for managing headaches?

Try using progressive relaxation. Start at your feet, and contract each muscle holding the contraction for 2-3 seconds. Slowly do this and move up your body until you reach your neck – then move back down. As you’re doing this, imagine all the “small” muscles contracting as well. See it in your mind, and picture  and feel the relaxation that comes as you release each contraction.

Continue Learning about Headache

What Causes Headaches After Sex and Exercise?
Q. What could be giving me throbbing headaches when I have sex? I've also experienced this during the last few reps of a total weight workout. The pai...
What's the difference between a sinus headache and a regular headache?
A sinus headache is a specific type of headache that is thought to be caused by increased pressure i...
8 Surprising Migraine Triggers
8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers8 Surprising Migraine Triggers
See if you recognize any of these unusual triggers.
Are There Effective Pain Relievers That Do Not Contain Caffeine?