What causes rebound headaches?

Rebounds might be great on the basketball court, but not if you're having a lot of headaches. Many people who experience cranial rock-n-roll concerts fall into a dangerous trap: You have a headache, so you take pain medication. Fine, but if you stay on it too long, you set yourself up for experiencing rebound headaches when you try to withdraw from the medication. You need to limit your pain meds (including OTCs) to less than three days in a row or 10 pills total. Any more than that, and you increase your risk of experiencing the rebound headache. Try a three-day detox with no pain meds to reset your system; exercise also helps, since the natural endorphins you get from exercise can counteract the pain.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Headache

What Causes Headaches After Sex and Exercise?
Q. What could be giving me throbbing headaches when I have sex? I've also experienced this during the last few reps of a total weight workout. The pai...
How common are tension headaches?
Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. The causes of tension headaches are ...
What Your Headache Is Telling You
What Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling You
Chocolate, wine or sex could be to blame for your headaches.
What Treatment Is There for Migraine?
What Treatment Is There for Migraine?