Can strengthening your neck muscles prevent headaches?

Yes. Headache pain can come from weak neck muscles - you feel the pain in your upper back and it goes to you lower neck then upper neck as progressive weak muscles compensate for too much computer or bridge time. If the muscles of your upper back are sore, it may be weakness of the trapezius muscle in your upper back. Getting symptomatic relief and taking analgesics so you can exercise is first order. Strengthening the trapezius muscle can reduce such pain by over 80 percent.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Headache

What is a SUNCT headache?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Short-lasting, Unilateral, Neuralgiform headache attacks with Conjunctival injection and Tearing (SU...
When should I see a doctor about my headaches?
You have a headache emergency and should see your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately if ...
How Has Migraine Treatment Changed?
How Has Migraine Treatment Changed?
What's the Difference Between a Headache and a Migraine?