What do I need to know about caring for someone with a headache?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If the person is suffering from a secondary headache, meaning the headache is caused by another condition, it's important to find and treat the condition causing the headache, rather than just treat the headache itself. If the person is suffering from a primary headache, try to discover what makes them most comfortable during a headache. For some people, being in a quiet, dark room can help relieve the symptoms of the headache.

Continue Learning about Headache

Self-Help for Headaches
Self-Help for Headaches
Next time you get a nagging headache, try a little fingertip therapy. You might feel better more quickly. Your temporalis muscle: With your index a...
Ask Dr. Darria: What Causes Migraines?
Ask Dr. Darria: What Causes Migraines?
Sometimes I get a migraine when it storms, but the weather has been so unpredictable that by the time I realize a migraine is underway it’s too late t...
Can Weather Impact Migraine?
Can Weather Impact Migraine?
Can Children Get Migraines?
Can Children Get Migraines?