What are common misconceptions of head and neck cancers?

Eric M. Genden, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
The most common misconception of cancer is that if you have it, you're going to die. In this video, Eric Genden, MD, an otolaryngologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, says that idea just doesn't apply anymore.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

Is the swelling in front of my ear a type of head and neck cancer?
A swelling in front of an ear is most likely caused by an enlarged parotid gland, which is the large...
What is the rate of incidence for head and neck cancers?
Head and neck cancers are currently responsible for approximately 3-5% of all cancers in the United ...
What does "staging" of my head and neck cancer mean?
Staging of head and neck cancer refers to the process of classifying the cancer into stages that des...
What Are the Most Prominent Head and Neck Cancers You See?