What is the rate of incidence for neuroblastoma?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

It is estimated that about 650 new cases of neuroblastoma are found in the United States each year. Two percent of these cases are because of a family history of the disease. Usually, those with neuroblastoma are children under 5 years of age; however, most cases concern children younger than 1 year old.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

How is the stage of my head and neck cancer determined?
The stage of head and neck cancer is determined by establishing the location and spread of the tumor...
What are common misconceptions of head and neck cancers?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
The most common misconception of cancer is that if you have it, you're going to die. In this video, ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with head and neck cancer?
Caring for people with head and neck cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cance...
Is the swelling in front of my ear a type of head and neck cancer?
A swelling in front of an ear is most likely caused by an enlarged parotid gland, which is the large...