What is the prognosis for neuroblastoma?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The prognosis for neuroblastoma is best for children under the age of one year. However, your child's chances for survival are also improved if the cancer is localized and has not spread past the initial tumor. On the other hand, high-risk neuroblastoma that has spread is difficult to cure and can become immune to normal cancer treatments.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

What are the types of head and neck cancer in children?
Types of head and neck Cancers in children include:    * Cancer of the Nose and Throat    * Esthesio...
Is the swelling in front of my ear a type of head and neck cancer?
A swelling in front of an ear is most likely caused by an enlarged parotid gland, which is the large...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with head and neck cancer?
Caring for people with head and neck cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cance...
What are head and neck cancers?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Most head and neck cancers begin in the cells that line the mucosal surfaces in the head and neck ar...