Are there alternative treatments for neuroblastoma?

There are no alternative treatments for neuroblastoma. When your child has neuroblastoma, it must be treated as soon as possible with medications that have been proven to work. When other treatments have failed, doctors may recommend retinoid therapy, which helps cancer cells to grow and mature into normal cells. On occasion, your doctor might recommend a clinical trial drug for neuroblastoma. The decision to use a clinical trial drug should be discussed thoroughly, weighing the chances for the success or failure of the drug.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

What types of cancer develop in the nose and sinuses?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Malignant (cancerous) tumors of the nose and sinuses (sinonasal) are relatively rare and include...
Is the swelling in front of my ear a type of head and neck cancer?
Brett Miles, MDBrett Miles, MD
There are a variety of conditions that can cause swelling in front of your ear. These include benign...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with head and neck cancer?
Caring for people with head and neck cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cance...
What Are the Most Prominent Head and Neck Cancers You See?