What is the rate of incidence for head and neck cancers?

Head and neck cancers are currently responsible for approximately 3-5% of all cancers in the United States. Approximately 48,000 people develop head and neck cancer each year in this country. This represents an incidence rate of 48,000 per year. Of these, about 35,000 are men and 13,000 are women.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

How is the stage of my head and neck cancer determined?
The stage of head and neck cancer is determined by establishing the location and spread of the tumor...
Is the swelling in front of my ear a type of head and neck cancer?
Brett Miles, MDBrett Miles, MD
There are a variety of conditions that can cause swelling in front of your ear. These include benign...
What are common misconceptions of head and neck cancers?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
The most common misconception of cancer is that if you have it, you're going to die. In this video, ...
What Are the Most Prominent Head and Neck Cancers You See?