How do I manage my oropharyngeal cancer on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Oropharyngeal cancer may be difficult to manage on a daily basis, although there are many things you can do to cope. You may experience side effects from the treatments, and you may feel emotionally overwhelmed by your diagnosis. Your doctor can help you cope with the side effects of your treatments by prescribing medication to reduce nausea. Radiation can cause dry mouth and cavities, which you can combat by using fluoride treatments and paying attention to your oral health. Coping with the emotional impact of your diagnosis may be particularly difficult, although maintaining a schedule and trying to stay as involved as possible in activities you enjoy, can help.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

Why is sinus cancer one of the most serious head and neck cancers?
Sinus cancer is a type of head and neck cancer that affects the paranasal sinuses, especially the ma...
Do head and neck cancers affect children differently than adults?
Head and neck cancers are rare in children. Head and neck cancers most commonly affect individuals w...
Are head and neck cancers serious?
Brett Miles, MDBrett Miles, MD
Head and neck cancer is a very wide group of diseases which can have a prognosis which ranges from p...
What Are the Most Prominent Head and Neck Cancers You See?