What do I need to know about caring for someone with oropharyngeal cancer?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Caring for someone with oropharyngeal cancer may be difficult, although there are many ways you can help. You can listen empathetically to their thoughts or help with everyday housework and grocery shopping. The person may feel lonely and afraid, so providing emotional support may be invaluable. Also, you may want to speak to your employer about ways to balance your responsibilities at work and at home.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

How prevalent is HPV-derived head and neck cancer?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
Over the past decade there has been at least a four to five-fold increase in the number of tonsillar...
What does "staging" of my head and neck cancer mean?
Staging of head and neck cancer refers to the process of classifying the cancer into stages that des...
Why is HPV-derived head and neck cancer becoming more prevalent?
Evelyn Minaya, MDEvelyn Minaya, MD
We are not exactly sure why we are seeing a rise in HPV-related oral cancers, but we do think it has...
What is the most common head and neck cancer?
Laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma is the most common head and neck cancer in the United States. This...