How does neuroblastoma affect the body?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

No one really knows what causes regular neuroblasts to produce cancerous cells, but many attribute it to a mutation before conception or during pregnancy. Once neuroblastoma develops it can spread to different parts of your body. Depending on where the cancer is in your body, neuroblastoma can show symptoms like bodily pain, lumps and growths, swelling, incontinence, and deformities.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

What do I need to know about caring for someone with head and neck cancer?
Caring for people with head and neck cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cance...
How prevalent is HPV-derived head and neck cancer?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
Over the past decade there has been at least a four to five-fold increase in the number of tonsillar...
How common are head and neck cancers?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Head and neck cancers account for approximately 3 to 5 percent of all cancers in the United States. ...
What does "staging" of my head and neck cancer mean?
Staging of head and neck cancer refers to the process of classifying the cancer into stages that des...