Will I develop a new cancer after treatment of my head and neck cancer?

After treatment for head and neck cancer, approximately 5% of individuals will develop a new, different cancer each year. This peaks at about 4 years - a maximum of approximately 20% of individuals treated for head and neck cancer will develop a second cancer in their lifetime. These new cancers are most commonly located in the head, neck, lungs, or esophagus. The best way to decrease your risk of developing a new cancer is to avoid tobacco and alcohol.

Continue Learning about Head & Neck Cancers

What are the symptoms of head and neck cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Although the symptoms vary depending on the location of the head and neck cancer, one of the most co...
Do head and neck cancers affect children differently than adults?
Head and neck cancers are rare in children. Head and neck cancers most commonly affect individuals w...
What are the types of head and neck cancer in children?
Types of head and neck Cancers in children include:    * Cancer of the Nose and Throat    * Esthesio...
What Are the Most Prominent Head and Neck Cancers You See?