What are the symptoms of a cerebral contusion?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The symptoms of a cerebral contusion (bruising on the brain) depend on the severity of the injury, ranging from minor to severe. Individuals may experience a headache; confusion; sleepiness; loss of consciousness; nausea and vomiting; seizures; and difficulty with coordination and movement. They may also have difficulty with memory, vision, speech, hearing, managing emotions, and thinking.

Continue Learning about Head Injuries

Diagnosing Concussions: Don’t Do It Yourself
Walter Fielding (Tom Hanks) and Anna Crowley (Shelley Long) learned two important lessons in the movie The Money Pit: If it looks too good to be true,...
If my son feels fine after suffering a concussion, can he still play?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
Your son can't play until he has been cleared from the concussion by an appropriate medical provider...
What are the symptoms of a concussion in children?
Dr. Christopher C. Giza, MDDr. Christopher C. Giza, MD
The most common symptoms of concussion in children are similar to those in adults: headache, nausea,...
How should I care for someone who may have a concussion?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
To care for someone who may have a concussion it's important to keep an eye on that person after he ...