Who are the happiest people on the planet?

It depends on the survey. The people of Denmark in 2008 ranked highest in the World Values Survey and the World Map of Happiness, as well as second highest in the World Database of Happiness. These surveys polled people around the world on their satisfaction with life. The Danes answered the most positive on career satisfaction, social connections and economic and political stability.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Can a fake smile make me happy?
Christine Carter, PhDChristine Carter, PhD
You really can fake it until you make it, so long as you know the right techniques. In this vide...
What are some tips to help me feel happier?
Not everyone’s born happy or grows up in cheerful surroundings. But here's how to build deep-down fe...
Why does singing make us happy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Singing releases endorphins, the feel-good chemicals in the brain. Because the deep breathing needed...
Top 10 Most Optimistic Cities in America
Top 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in America
Find out where optimism is helping people stay young. A little optimism goes a long way, especially for the ladies. "Women who are optimistic live lon...