What are some tips to help me feel happier?

Not everyone’s born happy or grows up in cheerful surroundings. But here's how to build deep-down feelings of happiness:
  • Go with the flow. Lose yourself in absorbing experiences, doing things you love. This could be spending more time with your family, walking in the woods, playing a sport, doing art projects, playing with a pet or working at a job you love.
  • Value and be good to yourself. Tap your inner strengths. For example, if you’re great with numbers, help a volunteer group keep its books -- you'll get a big happiness-booster: a more meaningful life.
  • Appreciate what is. Take time to relish the pleasures around you: vine-ripe tomatoes at a farm market, great music (like your favorite high school hits) on the radio, a kid's hug. Let others know when you appreciate them, too. Gratitude multiplies happiness.

Continue Learning about Happiness

The One Common Habit of Unhappy People
The One Common Habit of Unhappy People
Happiness comes in many forms: sleeping until noon on Saturday, finding a twenty in your pocket, biting into a warm cookie. But here's something that...
Are people who have children happier?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
Children can be a tremendous source of joy and fulfillment, but their day-to-day care is quite deman...
How can I increase my happiness by writing in a journal?
Every night, write down three things that went well that day and why. For instance, a dinner you mad...
How can I get more joy out of life?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
Give your body what it needs to adapt (e.g. exercise, nutritional support, and a good night’s sl...