What are some tips to help me feel happier?

Not everyone’s born happy or grows up in cheerful surroundings. But here's how to build deep-down feelings of happiness:
  • Go with the flow. Lose yourself in absorbing experiences, doing things you love. This could be spending more time with your family, walking in the woods, playing a sport, doing art projects, playing with a pet or working at a job you love.
  • Value and be good to yourself. Tap your inner strengths. For example, if you’re great with numbers, help a volunteer group keep its books -- you'll get a big happiness-booster: a more meaningful life.
  • Appreciate what is. Take time to relish the pleasures around you: vine-ripe tomatoes at a farm market, great music (like your favorite high school hits) on the radio, a kid's hug. Let others know when you appreciate them, too. Gratitude multiplies happiness.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Boost Exercise Benefits With Laughter
Boost Exercise Benefits With Laughter
In the movie Mary Poppins when Mary (Julie Andrews) and Bert (Dick Van Dyke) take the Banks children (Mathew Garber and Karen Dotrice) to visit Uncle ...
Why should I surround myself with happy people?
Barbara Ficarra, RNBarbara Ficarra, RN
One path to happiness involves surrounding yourself with optimistic and happy people. Surrounding yo...
Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?
Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?
What is the definition of happiness? Mental health experts offer their take.
What Is Linked to Greater Happiness, the Pursuit of Money or Valuing Your Time?