What makes people happier, possessions or experiences?

Research leans toward experiences, provided experiences turn out positively. People often don't remember a gift as well as the experience surrounding it. The novelty of a new possession wears off after about six to 12 weeks.

Continue Learning about Happiness

The One Common Habit of Unhappy People
The One Common Habit of Unhappy People
Happiness comes in many forms: sleeping until noon on Saturday, finding a twenty in your pocket, biting into a warm cookie. But here's something that...
How can I increase my happiness by writing in a journal?
Every night, write down three things that went well that day and why. For instance, a dinner you mad...
6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy
6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy
Turning around a bad mood can be easier than you think. Check out these simple – even odd -- tips to enhance your happiness.
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day