Is there a link between music and happiness?

Yes. Brain-imaging scans show happy songs activate the brain's reward center, releasing dopamine, the same pleasure-inducing brain chemical triggered from eating chocolate or having sex.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Try This to Cheer Up Today!
Try This to Cheer Up Today!
There is a beautiful bush filled with Daphne flowers next to the front door of my house. It smells wonderful and makes me smile on my way in and out o...
Find Long-Lasting Happiness With One Simple Act
Happiness is a choice that is clearly within reach if we practice it like a habit. And the ability to make that choice rests, in part, with a sense of...
The Science of Happiness
The Science of Happiness
The science of happiness is getting major attention these days. The Today show covered it for a solid week. A St. Louis researcher received a $5 milli...
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day