How long can a new possession make me happy?

Anything new gives us a short-term happiness boost. As much as you wanted that new car or new toy, you get bored with it or accustomed to it. Researchers say that material objects make us happy for about six to 12 weeks before the pleasantness fades.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Find Your Sense of Purpose
Find Your Sense of Purpose
Got a great reason to jump out of bed in the morning? Only 37% of North Americans say they do, according to a recent Gallup Poll. But a study might mo...
Busy Woman's Guide: 3 Ways to Slow Down Time
Last week was a blur. I don’t remember any of it and found myself asking “Is it Sunday again already?” As a mom, watching my daughter’s toddlerhood so...
How can my happiness affect my relationships?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
Happiness, of course, isn't a totally solo enterprise. Your relationships can have a large impact on...
A Smarter Way to Spend Money
A Smarter Way to Spend Money