How long can a new possession make me happy?

Anything new gives us a short-term happiness boost. As much as you wanted that new car or new toy, you get bored with it or accustomed to it. Researchers say that material objects make us happy for about six to 12 weeks before the pleasantness fades.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Busy Woman's Guide: 3 Ways to Slow Down Time
Last week was a blur. I don’t remember any of it and found myself asking “Is it Sunday again already?” As a mom, watching my daughter’s toddlerhood so...
How can my happiness affect my relationships?
Dr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyDDr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyD
Partners in a committed relationships are psychobiologically wired together. That means, where one p...
6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy
6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy6 Surprising Ways to Get Happy
Turning around a bad mood can be easier than you think. Check out these simple – even odd -- tips to enhance your happiness.
How Can I Boost My Mood Naturally?
How Can I Boost My Mood Naturally?