How can I experience joy in my life?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
To experience joy in your life, you must begin with the intention of wanting to experience joy. Once you decide to commit to bliss, you have no choice but to live differently. You consciously choose what to allow into your body and mind. You are mindful of your senses when you eat. You move intentionally. You learn to control the flow of noisy thoughts and be discriminating in what you choose to read, watch on TV or hear from others. You want less. You find fulfillment in wholeness and small pleasures. You rejoice in the rhythm of breathing and can slow down your heartbeat and feel the pulse of the earth.

Joy does not exist in a vacuum or bubble. It is not mindless happiness or an exaggerated sense of pleasure. It is earned by committing to experience the full spectrum of the human condition. You can find it just by sitting in contemplation for twenty minutes a day. You can spread it by showing the face of joy to all whom you meet in your daily life.

Hope, energy, honesty, optimism, and perseverance will lead you to en-joy, living in joy. It is a natural flow.
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Happiness

Do You Need A Happy Pill?
Do You Need A Happy Pill?
I see a lot of depression in my practice. My experience treating it has been similar to what is discussed in medical literature. In about 70% of patie...
Are stupid people happier than smart people?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
A 2005 study found no correlation between brains and happiness, although intelligence can be a doubl...
Top 10 Most Optimistic Cities in America
Top 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in America
Find out where optimism is helping people stay young.
Dr. Adnan Khera Reveals His Most Memorable Moment Dancing