Can happiness extend your life?

If you're already healthy, happiness acts as a preventive measure. The happier you are, the more you'll see positive changes in your health. Independent seniors who live with relatives or live alone experience longer lives if they're happy. Those living in nursing facilities, who already tend to have health problems, don't experience the same longevity.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Share Your Stories For a Happier, Healthier Life
Photo Credit: TIm Brown, via Flickr Creative Commons Our ability to tell a story is one of our most valuable and powerful gifts. It means reaching ou...
How should I structure my day for a happy, organized life?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
To structure your day, set boundaries -- specific time periods during which certain tasks get comple...
Top 10 Most Optimistic Cities in America
Top 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in AmericaTop 10 Most Optimistic Cities in America
Find out where optimism is helping people stay young.
How Can Worrying About the Past and Future Affect the Present?