Are happy people nicer?

Happiness seems to compel people to be kinder. One psychological theory says that positive emotions promote innovative thoughts and actions. So as you build your social networks, you reach out to others and demonstrate nice behavior. The inverse is also true: Several studies show that nice behavior, such as volunteering, provides the same emotional boost as a financial bonus at work.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Find Long-Lasting Happiness With One Simple Act
Happiness is a choice that is clearly within reach if we practice it like a habit. And the ability to make that choice rests, in part, with a sense of...
How does happiness affect the brain?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Happiness is a physical state of the brain. When we are happy our brain produces neurochemicals ...
How can my happiness affect my relationships?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
Happiness, of course, isn't a totally solo enterprise. Your relationships can have a large impact on...
Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?
Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?
What is the definition of happiness? Mental health experts offer their take. By: Hope Cristol   Good news for anyone striving for a sunnier outloo...