Will the hair above my lip grow back thicker if I pluck it?

This is an old wives’ tale! Hair tapers as it grows in and only seems thicker at the root. For a less painful way to pluck hair, numb the area with an ice cube for three minutes and pluck in the direction the hair grows.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

Is it okay to use my husband's razor to shave my bikini line?
Don't be tempted to use your husband's razor! In this video, ob-gyn Dr. Lauren Streicher explain...
What is the best way to get rid of unwanted body hair?
There are lots of options for dealing with significant amounts of unwanted bodyhair.Some people pr...
What is hair removal?
Howard L. Brooks, MDHoward L. Brooks, MD
Hair removal can be achieved with lasers, shaving, threading and plucking. In my office, we do quite...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?