Will the hair above my lip grow back thicker if I pluck it?

This is an old wives’ tale! Hair tapers as it grows in and only seems thicker at the root. For a less painful way to pluck hair, numb the area with an ice cube for three minutes and pluck in the direction the hair grows.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What are some ways to remove hair?
Gary Goldenberg, MDGary Goldenberg, MD
Unwanted hair can be a big problem for patients. There are multiple ways to remove unwanted hair. Pl...
How does threading work?
Learn about how threading works in this video with Dr. Oz.
What is the best way to get rid of unwanted body hair?
There are lots of options for dealing with significant amounts of unwanted bodyhair.Some people pr...
What happens before, during and after laser hair reduction?
Anne M. Chapas, MDAnne M. Chapas, MD
When dermatologist Dr. Anne Chapas sees a patient for laser hair reduction, the first step is to hav...