What is the threading method of hair removal?

Threading is not a true hair removal method. It's a way to cut hair. The removal in this case is not permanent. Permanent hair removal is done by electrolysis. A semi-permanent method is by laser. The hair removal may become permanent is the laser treatment if multiple sessions are performed over time.
A hair-removal technique from the Middle East and India is popular in salons in the Big Apple. It's called threading and uses no chemicals. The technique involves creating a loop with thread and pulling out the hair from the root. It's gentler on your skin than waxing and the results last longer than tweezing. Best of all, it only costs about $10.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

Is laser hair removal safe?
Dr. Howard L. Brooks, MDDr. Howard L. Brooks, MD
Laser hair removal is safe and effective for most patients. The lasers used target pigment within th...
What is the difference between laser hair removal and electrolysis?
Anne M. Chapas, MDAnne M. Chapas, MD
Trying to decide between laser hair removal and electrolysis? FInd out the best way to fight fuzz by...
How can I remove unwanted hair on my arms?
Audrey Kunin, MDAudrey Kunin, MD
Excessive, dark hair on the forearms isn't the "in" look. More common in women of color (African Ame...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?