What are some ways I can trim my pubic hair?

There are many ways to trim your pubic hair. There's a multi-million dollar industry that has evolved surrounding pubic fashion, and there is no shortage of options. Waxing, shaving, electrolysis, clipping, chemical depilatories and laser removal are all at your disposal, but is there a best way? Keep in mind that, with the exception of clipping, some red bumps commonly result no matter what method is used, particularly in African American women. Professional waxing and electrolysis result in the least amount of irritation, allergies or complications, but can be expensive. Many women use a topical anesthetic (Emla cream, available by prescription) to reduce the agony.
Sex Rx: Hormones, Health, and Your Best Sex Ever

For millions of women in America, sex isn’t always pleasurable or even possible. Instead, sex has become a low priority as they navigate marriage, motherhood, and work . . . not to mention cope with chronic stress and lack of sleep. Throw in the natural fluctuations in hormone levels that all women experience throughout their lives and it’s not surprising that sex can become, well, a little less sexy. Additionally, common gynecological problems can make sex uncomfortable, and medical issues can cause it to be downright painful.Dr. Lauren Streicher, a leading women’s sexual health expert, offers women the courage, vocabulary, and knowledge to identify and solve problems in the bedroom, for a wide range of issues—from flagging libido, vaginal dryness, and sex after menopause, to hormone supplements and the effects of medication, Sex Rx offers a wealth of knowledge, along with a good dose of humor and plenty of encouragement, so that every woman, no matter what personal challenges she has, can make having great sex a part of their lives forever.Sex Rx was originally published in hardcover as Love Sex Again.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What training is typical for hair removal specialists?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Check that your electrologist is certified by a reputable program, since some states do not require ...
When should I let my son start shaving?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There is no single answer to this question. It depends on your individual perspective and your child...
How can I remove unwanted hair on my arms?
Audrey Kunin, MDAudrey Kunin, MD
Excessive, dark hair on the forearms isn't the "in" look. More common in women of color (African Ame...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?