What training is typical for hair removal specialists?

Check that your electrologist is certified by a reputable program, since some states do not require a license. For laser hair removal, you should look into a medical doctor, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. These professionals will have medical backgrounds, degrees in medicine and should have some specialized training in using lasers for hair removal.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What is permanent hair removal?
Ronald M. Shelton, MDRonald M. Shelton, MD
Laser hair removal requires several treatments to use light energy to target the hair follicles in t...
How can I avoid over-tweezing my eyebrows?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Over-tweezing is a common brow mistake and can make your eyebrows look scary and harsh. If you prefe...
Is laser hair removal safe?
Dr. Howard L. Brooks, MDDr. Howard L. Brooks, MD
Laser hair removal is safe and effective for most patients. The lasers used target pigment within th...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?