What training is typical for hair removal specialists?

Check that your electrologist is certified by a reputable program, since some states do not require a license. For laser hair removal, you should look into a medical doctor, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. These professionals will have medical backgrounds, degrees in medicine and should have some specialized training in using lasers for hair removal.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What is the MiraSmooth procedure?
Whitney Bowe, MDWhitney Bowe, MD
MiraSmooth is an FDA-approved procedure that uses microwave technology to permanently remove hair an...
What is hair removal?
Bruce Katz, MDBruce Katz, MD
Hair removal is the process of removing facial or body hair either temporarily or permanently. Tempo...
Is it okay to use my husband's razor to shave my bikini line?
Don't be tempted to use your husband's razor! In this video, ob-gyn Dr. Lauren Streicher explain...
What is permanent hair removal?
Jeffrey A. Benabio, MDJeffrey A. Benabio, MD
Permanent hair removal is pretty much like it sounds. Whereas temporary hair removal such as pluckin...