Is there another name for hair removal creams?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
They are also called depilatories. Olay just launched a new one that is effective and easy to use and is available at your local drug store.

Yes, hair removal creams, lotions, gels and sprays are also called depilatories.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What's a good way to remove my pubic hair?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
There’s a multimillion-dollar industry that has evolved surrounding pubic fashion, and there is no s...
What are some ways I can trim my pubic hair?
There are many ways to trim your pubic hair. There's a multi-million dollar industry that has evolve...
What are the side effects of laser hair reduction?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Any kind of laser creates a controlled wound that revs up the inflammatory system to launch a respon...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?