What should I be careful of when getting a Brazilian or bikini wax?

Some people want to know if it's safe to get a Brazilian wax, which is a bikini wax that takes all the hair off from the front, the back, the bottom.

It is absolutely safe to get a Brazilian wax, although your skin is fragile and prone to pimples for a short time afterward. There are some products you can put on your skin to prevent the pimples.

If you are going to go Brazilian, make sure the wax is clean. Don't use wax that has been used on someone else. Also, check the wax to make sure it's not too hot.

Beyond Brazilian waxes, you may wonder why you have pubic hair. It prevents chafing, and it lubricates the skin folds that are moving over each other. But removing the hair doesn't usually lead to chapped skin. The other more important reason is it's a bigger place for the pheromones to sit, the chemicals that you normally secrete that your loved one is actually liking.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What is permanent hair removal?
Ronald M. Shelton, MDRonald M. Shelton, MD
Laser hair removal requires several treatments to use light energy to target the hair follicles in t...
How can I avoid over-tweezing my eyebrows?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Over-tweezing is a common brow mistake and can make your eyebrows look scary and harsh. If you prefe...
What is hair removal?
Howard L. Brooks, MDHoward L. Brooks, MD
Hair removal can be achieved with lasers, shaving, threading and plucking. In my office, we do quite...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?