What should I be careful of when getting a Brazilian or bikini wax?

Some people want to know if it's safe to get a Brazilian wax, which is a bikini wax that takes all the hair off from the front, the back, the bottom.

It is absolutely safe to get a Brazilian wax, although your skin is fragile and prone to pimples for a short time afterward. There are some products you can put on your skin to prevent the pimples.

If you are going to go Brazilian, make sure the wax is clean. Don't use wax that has been used on someone else. Also, check the wax to make sure it's not too hot.

Beyond Brazilian waxes, you may wonder why you have pubic hair. It prevents chafing, and it lubricates the skin folds that are moving over each other. But removing the hair doesn't usually lead to chapped skin. The other more important reason is it's a bigger place for the pheromones to sit, the chemicals that you normally secrete that your loved one is actually liking.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What is permanent hair removal?
Jeffrey A. Benabio, MDJeffrey A. Benabio, MD
Permanent hair removal is pretty much like it sounds. Whereas temporary hair removal such as pluckin...
What are some ways I can trim my pubic hair?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
There are many ways to trim your pubic hair. There's a multi-million dollar industry that has evolve...
Is laser hair removal safe?
Dr. Jeffrey A. Benabio, MDDr. Jeffrey A. Benabio, MD
Laser hair removal is a common and effective way to permanently remove hair. It is safe, but remembe...
What training is typical for hair removal specialists?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Check that your electrologist is certified by a reputable program, since some states do not require ...