What do I need to know about caring for someone with hair loss?

If you are caring for someone with excessive hair loss, you should be aware that the individual may feel embarrassed about the condition. Encourage the person you care for to share these feelings with you or to speak with others who have gone through similar experiences. Caution the person to investigate any alternative treatments with a doctor.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
What causes hair loss after bariatric surgery?
Mark A. Salcone, DOMark A. Salcone, DO
After bariatric surgery, hair loss (called telogen effluvium) may be caused by: trauma from the ...
How do I manage hair loss on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, you should treat your hair gently by letting it air dry when possible and avoiding...
How Can I Prevent My Hairline From Receding?