Is there a cure for hair loss?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Some hair loss, such as the type caused by childbirth or damage from excessive blow-drying, is temporary and does not need medical treatment. There is no cure, however, for temporary or permanent hair loss. Depending on your condition, you may lose and re-grow your hair several times.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
How can I prevent my hairline from receding?
Male pattern baldness is genetic, but there are some things that can be done to prevent it. Learn mo...
When should I call my doctor if I have hair loss?
It depends on what type of hair loss, or alopecia, you have. The most common type in men is male pat...
How Much Hair Loss Is Too Much?
How Much Hair Loss Is Too Much?