How do I manage hair loss on a daily basis?

On a daily basis, you should treat your hair gently by letting it air dry when possible and avoiding tight hairstyles like ponytails and braids. If you have excessive hair loss, you can use wigs or hair pieces to mask bald spots. Maintaining a healthy diet will help your hair grow back if your hair loss is temporary. Speaking with others about the cause of your hair loss may help you deal with the emotional side of the condition.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
Can hair loss happen in kids, too?
Iris Rodriguez-Johnson, MDIris Rodriguez-Johnson, MD
Hair loss or alopecia can happen in children. There are several causes of this condition. It is impo...
What causes hair loss in women?
Most people think of balding as a male problem, but many women develop thinning hair and bald spots ...
How Can I Prevent My Hairline From Receding?