How do other illnesses affect hair loss?

Hair loss can be caused by several illnesses. If you receive chemotherapy for cancer, you might lose your hair. Thyroid problems, lupus, and skin infections can also cause hair loss. Mental problems such as extreme stress can result in hair loss.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
Can hair loss be a sign of illness?
Hair loss isn't just an appearance issue; it can be a sign that something wacky is going on elsewher...
When should I call my doctor if I have hair loss?
Hair loss can be a sign of male-pattern baldness, a fungal infection or something more serious, such...
What Are the Latest Advances in Hair Transplant Procedures?