How does hair loss affect the body?

Healthy hair cycles through growing, transition, and resting phases. After the resting phase, a healthy hair falls out and a new one grows in its place. Hair loss affects the body when hair falls out and is not replaced with new growth. Hair loss can cause embarrassment or be a symptom of a more serious condition.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
Does hair loss affect men and women differently?
Hair loss does affect men and women differently. Hair loss that is caused by heredity, or androgenet...
Can hair loss be a sign of illness?
Hair loss isn't just an appearance issue; it can be a sign that something wacky is going on elsewher...
How Can I Prevent My Hairline From Receding?