How can hair color, straighteners, or permanent waves affect hair loss?

Cosmetic procedures such as coloring, straightening, or perming can damage your hair and cause hair loss. The chemicals used in these processes contain strong substances that can hurt your scalp and cause skin reactions. If you choose to color or relax your hair, read all of the directions carefully or have a professional work with you to ensure minimal hair loss.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
Is hair loss serious?
Hair loss in itself is not considered serious, but it can indicate the presence of other diseases. I...
Do hair loss treatments really work?
Scientists and doctors have been searching for centuries for effective tonics, elixirs and drugs to ...
How Can Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy Help with Hair Loss?