How can platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy help with hair loss?

Anthony S. Youn, MD
Plastic Surgery
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy can help with hair loss in that it causes inactive hair follicles to switch to an active growth phase. In this video, plastic surgeon Anthony Youn, MD, explains how PRP therapy can make thinning hair appear fuller.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
How can I tell if my hair is falling out?
Grab a group of hairs on your head (aim for about 60 -- or the amount that would fit through a straw...
What parts of my body can be affected by hair loss?
Although hair loss affects the scalp most frequently, you can lose hair from other parts of your bod...
How Can I Prevent My Hairline From Receding?