Can wearing a hat cause hair loss?

It's a myth that wearing hats causes baldness. As long as the hat is not tight enough to restrict circulation (therefore cutting off circulation to the follicles), a hat will not cause you hair loss.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
How much hair loss is too much?
Are you always picking strands of hair off your sweater? Do you shed enough to clog the shower d...
How do I manage hair loss on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, you should treat your hair gently by letting it air dry when possible and avoiding...
How Much Hair Loss Is Too Much?
How Much Hair Loss Is Too Much?