Can brushing my hair too much result in hair loss?

Possibly, but it is more likely to cause breakage than hair loss. However, you can have hair loss after years of constant strain or pulling from a tight pony tail or other tight hairdos.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
How common is hair loss?
Since hats have gone out of vogue, a quick scan around will show that hair loss is quite common. Hai...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hair loss symptoms?
You should talk with your doctor if you notice that you are losing excessive amounts of hair or if y...
How Can I Prevent My Hairline From Receding?