What is the duration of hypertrichosis?

The duration of hypertrichosis can start at infancy and resolve in a few years or the condition can last into adulthood. Hypertrichosis can start in adulthood and resolve after discontinuation of the cause, usually drugs. Most cases of hypertrichosis present symptoms during puberty.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
How will my hair disorder affect my quality of life?
Your quality of life will depend on how you handle your hair disorder. It will also depend on what k...
What causes trichodynia?
It's unknown what causes trichodynia. Because it often presents in conjunction with depression, anxi...