Are there alternative treatments for crab lice or pubic lice?

Although the surest way to end an infestation of pubic lice is with special shampoos, a variety of home remedies may complement the treatment and make sure the lice infestation doesn't come back. Washing your pubic hair with vinegar or using a vinegar-soaked towel to wipe down pubic hair may help remove lice eggs. Eggs can also be removed with a specialized fine-toothed comb, tweezers, or fingernails. Shaving or cutting hair short in the genital area can help you find lice for removal more easily.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with a hair disorder?
You can start by knowing what kind of hair disorder they have. You will know better how to treat the...
How will my hair disorder affect my quality of life?
Your quality of life will depend on how you handle your hair disorder. It will also depend on what k...