Should I talk to my doctor about my hypertrichosis symptoms?

If you notice any unusual hair growth, talk to your doctor immediately. Your doctor can help you manage your symptoms and attempt to determine what factors might be causing your hypertrichosis. Early diagnosis could mean alleviation of the condition before it becomes unmanageable or emotionally distressing.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
How do hair disorders affect the body?
Hair disorders can affect the body in a variety of ways. Depending on the hair disorder, you could e...
What is trichodynia?
Trichodynia is the feeling of pain on the scalp or in the hair that some people feel when they are e...