How can I protect my children from trichomycosis nodularis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you think that your children may be exposed to the fungi that cause trichomycosis nodularis, it is important to know how to prevent them from getting infected. The most important for of protection is teaching them good hygiene habits. If they play in or around stagnant water, soil, or vegetation, it is important that they wash their hands afterwards. It is also important to encourage them to bathe often, even if they do not want to.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Are there side effects to the treatment of hair disorders?
The type of hair disorder that you are afflicted with would depend on the treatment you are receivin...
How do hair disorders affect women differently than men?
Some hair disorders, such as hirsutism, can have a more profound affect on a woman's emotional well ...
What are some different types of hair disorders?
Hair disorders that involve hair loss are: Androgenetic alopecia (pattern baldness), which is the m...
Is trichodynia common?
One study found that 34 percent of women seeing a doctor for their hair loss report trichodynia. In ...