How can I protect my children from trichomycosis nodularis?

If you think that your children may be exposed to the fungi that cause trichomycosis nodularis, it is important to know how to prevent them from getting infected. The most important for of protection is teaching them good hygiene habits. If they play in or around stagnant water, soil, or vegetation, it is important that they wash their hands afterwards. It is also important to encourage them to bathe often, even if they do not want to.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
What increases my risk for hair disorders?
Being that there are a variety of hair disorders, there are also a variety of risk factors. For inst...
When will I first notice symptoms of a hair disorder?
Each form of a hair disorder will have different times when symptoms first appear. Hereditary baldne...