How do medications treat trichomycosis nodularis?

The most effective medication in the treatment of trichomycosis nodularis is the use of topical antifungal drugs. Applied directly on the area of infection, antifungal medication kills the fungus causing the infection. Topical antifungal drugs can come in several forms, such as creams, ointments, shampoos, or sprays. Topical antifungal treatment can be very effective. Oral medication such as ketoconazole or terbinafine can also kill fungi causing black piedra and white piedra. However, not much is known about the effect of oral antifungal medication on pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Is trichodynia common?
One study found that 34 percent of women seeing a doctor for their hair loss report trichodynia. In ...
How will my hair disorder affect my quality of life?
Your quality of life will depend on how you handle your hair disorder. It will also depend on what k...