How do I manage my hypertrichosis on a daily basis?

There are several options available for managing your hypertrichosis. The most permanent methods, electrolysis and laser treatments, are also the most expensive and painful. Bleaching, shaving, plucking, and attempting to cover it up, are less expensive, but need to be done more often. There are also chemical depilatory treatments available to help keep your condition manageable. Eflornithine is a cream that slows hair growth but will only work as long as it is being used.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
What are the symptoms of hair disorders?
The symptoms of a hair disease can vary from hair loss to excessive hair growth. The disorder known ...
Who is most at risk for a hair disorder?
Because there are various types of hair disorders, it would depend on the form of the disorder to de...