How is hypertrichosis diagnosed?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Visual examination is the universal way to diagnose hypertrichosis. Which kind of hypertrichosis you may have will be determined by when it occurs and where it appears on your body. Your doctor will talk to you, as well, to find out what may be causing your hypertrichosis, such as a prescribed medication that may have recently been started.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with dry hair?
If your loved one has dry hair, you should help them look for hair care products that have a pH of a...
How will my hair disorder affect my quality of life?
Your quality of life will depend on how you handle your hair disorder. It will also depend on what k...
How effective are the treatments for hair disorders?
For a treatment to be effective, you must consider the type of hair disorder, the cause of the disor...