How will hypertrichosis change the quality of my life?

As long as you have the condition of hypertrichosis your quality of life may be different. People might look at you differently if you do not manage the hair removal well. Your self esteem can diminish if you are not able to handle the emotional burden of this condition. This may result in you being less sociable.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with dry hair?
If your loved one has dry hair, you should help them look for hair care products that have a pH of a...
How are hair disorders diagnosed?
Your doctor will, first and foremost, examine the area of hair growth or hair loss as a way to diagn...